August 19, 2009

Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try to love one another right now!

okay so I realize that maybe no one will see this, and I did NOT write this - I totally stole it off of mominreallife's blog...However, Rachel and I have been tweeting back and forth about her cause which you can read more about here, here, and mostly here. You can also FAN her cause on facebook. Now being that my mom is a lesbian and I have many many gay friends and family I find these posts to be very poignant...I am in full support of Rachel and what she is trying to accomplish. May the march in Washington be successful and may we ALL be EQUAL soon! Thank you for your effort mominreallife!



I post this with no regrets
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Today I am being what will be considered in the blogging world as "passive aggressive". But I'm annoyed and you guys know that I am not one to bite my tongue....
Hell I am more than annoyed, I'm actually a little pissed.

After I say this will it help? Not sure, don't care.

As all of you know I am working very hard to try to raise money for my LGBTQ cause and I am FLOORED by the help I have received. I mean it. I seriously have had tears in my eyes multiple times during this journey. But just as there is as a ton of support going on, I also notice some silence.
Am I mad if someone doesn't donate? Not in the slightest. In this economy, or even a good economy, not everyone has the ability to give money.
Am I mad if someone doesn't post this on their blog? If I contacted you and you gave me a reason why, then no I am not. Your blog is your space. If you want to keep politics out of it, I understand.
Am I mad if you don't RT anything at all about this?
Yes.

I watch people RT about giveaways, other bloggers, humorous things, their own blog. But they can't do the simple cut & paste for a good cause? That is frustrating. What makes it worse as that some people enjoy the "Gay culture" but can't do the simplest action?
Did you squeal with excitement/jealousy when you heard Tim Gunn was going to be at Blogher? So you will take a picture with a gay man, but not help him out?
What are your reasons?

Do you not like me? Fine, I really don't give two shits, but then treat me like the Perez Hilton of the fight. Annoying as hell but still doing the right thing. Don't let your feelings for me punish the people that need your help.

Do you not have any feelings (good/bad) about the cause? Your apathy is killing the movement and in a sense, it's killing members of the LGBTQ community. The longer our politicians can stall on the Hate Crime bill the longer the country is told that a LGBTQ life is less than a yours. The longer that the government stalls on granting partners relationship rights, the longer a sick LGBTQ has family that they may not have seen in decades making medical decisions for them, rather than the partner they have shared their bed with for 20 years.

Do you think I am thinking I am better than you? Well I don't! Every penny, every new reader, every bit of attention I get is because of you guys! If a blogger tweets in the internet, and no one RT's, is she really being heard?
Not in the slightest.

So there, I said it all.
I'm sure some of you think I'm talking about you.
I'm sure some of you are pissed off at me.
But before you go ranting on the internet take a long hard look at yourself. Why do you think I'm talking about you? Is it because you fall under the categories I spoke about?
Which is worse? Me calling you out, or you turning your back on the LGBTQ community

Apathy is no longer an excuse.

"Be the change you want to see in the world" Ghandi

1 comment:

freeandflawed said...

I'm sure she'll be happy to know you're supporting her.

And while the retweeting isn't the main focus, I hope that the amount of apathy, not online in our community, but in general, declines.