January 14, 2009

25


So far I have to say that 25 feels just like 24 except for the part where I chopped off my hair. As you can see I had very long, gorgeous hair. I loved it...I'm really into my hair...srly really into it.

So the day started out a little shitty. I didn't feel very good when I woke up. - sidebar - children are germ mongers and that's probably the reason why I didn't feel good. Anyway, I was late for work, but I have awesome friends and family and got a ton of birthday wishes like first thing. The first one was actually from my friend Judy - who just happened to have been my 5th grade teacher. I didn't pick up the phone because, well, I was already hella late for work. So it was all good - she left a really funny message and I was on my way. So I got to work at 8:25 (supposed to be there at 8 - oops). My mom was already on the way to court and I felt like shit so I didn't really mind that I didn't have to listen to the client she had to go to court with. The rest of the morning was spent trying to kind of work and joking around with Kara about "old balls". She kept telling me I have them now and I kept reminding her that she had them first. It's a really long story, but I digress. So after that we played dots and I beat her 2 out of 3 times. HAHA! So 10:30 rolls around and it's time for my nail appt which is swiftly followed by the big chopping of the hair expedition. Nail appointment was awesome, I love my Shelly. I was still sick and so freakin' nervous. When it actually came time to cut my hair, JoHanna (my dear sweet hair lady/girl), was all about letting me reconsider (she's knows I dig my hair a lot). But I went through with it because it was either chop it all off or be annoyed longer....and...
I wouldn't look at myself until she washed it first off. Second, I am so glad I did it! I have a shit ton of hair and I am donating it to Beautiful Lengths (I've already donated to Locks of Love before). Beautiful Lengths makes real hair wigs for adult women with cancer. It was important to me to help someone that others might over look. I figure that if I were to get cancer and lose my hair I would freak...so other people must struggle with it too. 25 just seemed like a good time to make a change.
Anyway - I got like 20 posts on Facebook telling me happy b-day and managed to thank every single one of them. I got ooh's and ahh's over my new do. My mom tried to make my b-day kind of important even though she kind of pussed out. She was tired so I told her we'd do dinner another night - she's had a lot going on. My awesome neices told me I was the best aunt in the whole world....and my friend Ana made me dinner and there was a new episode of my show: Law and Order: Special Victims Unit. All in all a good day...except the fact that I found out Mariska Hargitay has a partially collapsed lung...not my favorite, but that's another story.
So I just want to say thanks to everyone who made yesterday a great b-day and let 25 slide w/o it being too hard...25 is one of my scary ages...

2 comments:

S&J Jones Family said...

Happy belated Birthday! I don't think I signed in on your birthday so I didn't know. Sorry. I would love to see a picture of your hair from the front. Do you have one on FB? Did I ever tell you I shaved my head and donated my hair to locks of love in college?

Maxie said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm obsessed with my hair too so I totally get that. I'm growing mine out right now and if I ever get the courage I will totally donate it.